the good, the bad, and the ugly of summer
1. Zumba- It seriously keeps me sane. It makes me come alive and dance and feel beautiful. My particular class keeps me confident; I’m up in the front and I don’t even care that I stumble. I am inspired by the women around me because they are still trying and I am fascinated by the idea that they all have such different lives but they come together to be probably completely out of their comfort zone but having a blast at the same time. Afterwards I am so alive and I chatter away and am joyful. Wonder if my family notices the difference.
2. Getting an iphone- Wow. How did I go so long without this awesome phone? Now I get why people are so obsessed with theirs. This was my savior anytime I was bored at the airport or the car or whenever in Cali and my way to stay in touch and in the loop with my friends. I have come to terms with the fact that as an extrovert I will always draw my energy from others- so I need others no matter if I hate them or love them right now. Temple Run, wifi, emoji.. I didn’t know what I was missing lol!
3. Speaking of Cali- Vacation <3 California is SO BEAUTIFUL. Like seriously. I don’t even think our pictures captured even 1/38234893th of the beauty. I really need to tell Daniel about my trip because it was so nature-y. Lake Tahoe was so peaceful and had hiking and biking and though it was freezing and I was stuck in close quarters with family..a lot, it was still so unforgettable. And OMG no wonder Tremonte was so obsessed with the National Parks they are gorgeous beyond imagination!!! Yosemite was just breathtaking. And LA :) I will always be the city girl and this famous city just clicked for me. Rather than being underwhlemed like I was with NYC (which I do want to give another chance!) LA just clicked with me. The gorgeous houses by the beach, omg..that sentence doesn’t even capture how amazing the beach air feels or how picturesque the Italy like streets with all the shopping and food and hustle and bustle are and the piers are so awesome and water so clear and blue. Please please please let me end up there one day!
4. Speaking of Family- Zeba :) She is such a cutie and we really needa go out and do fun stuff. I think this may be the last summer where I can just chill for so long. We are gonna make a bucket list of stuff to do together and just have a blast. But still just having her to talk to and laugh with and seeing a new sensitive side to her is great. This morning she was just there for me with a hug and that was enough :)
1. Fam..so predictable- Duh, feeling trapped, not myself, easily irritated, etc at home, but that was to be expected. I keep wanting to fast forward to August but I really should slow down and take in this super chill time. Also, I know I shouldn’t be feeling this way since they are so good to me, done so much, etc etc but I can’t help it.
2. Lack of a Health Kick- I had planned to go completely back to my old self this summer after severely unhealthy finals week. I was planning on eating salads all the time, going to the gym in addition to Zumba and other classes, fasting once a week for spiritual and body health, and sleeping 8-9 hours a night. Didn’t exactly happen. Lol but summer’s not over yet! I think I will just lower the goals a little and still pursue them :)
3. LAZY!- Like I said, didn’t follow health kick but have barely done anything on Summer 2012 bucket list either!!! GAH.
1. Realizations- Okay so..I am such a worrywart and it’s not in a good way at all. Like when I’m here I’m worrying and being sad about everything and wanting to escape to Austin but when I’m there I will be worrying about everything else!! I can’t live my life like this. I need to figure out a way to calm myself when it comes to stressing about everyyy thing.
2. Also- I really don’t know who I have. You know like those people who are always going to be in your corner no matter what? I am not sure if they even exist for me. Does anyone have THOSE people? I thought I had two best friends I could count on no matter what but I don’t because one can be as unstable as me and the other I push away because of my insecurities. I considered doing like a hermit experiment by shutting everyone our for three days and seeing what came of it but 1) like I said I am an extrovert and 2) it wouldn’t be so accurate cos I couldn’t shut out my family since I live with them and all. I think I’ll just go with the flow, sometimes I will be the center of attention sometimes I won’t, maybe with growing up comes learning how to deal with it.
Well toast to my 20 year old summer. Not that different from 16 or 17 or 18 or 19..I’m gonna need to work on that too -_-